Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Brainstorming for Essay 4

Monday's class was very interesting. As long as I can keep up with "switching gears" in some way or another, it keeps giving me ideas to maybe expand on or write new essays.  Casey commented on my Essay3 and what a great idea! It gave me such another avenue to take my essay and I'm already jotting things down. I really like getting feedback, especially because I always hear other people's stories and think how I wish I thought along those lines.  It kind of pushes me past a mini writer's block.

As for the "descriptive" writing. Very thought prompting for me....I have to remember to use as many of the senses as possible for this type of writing.  One idea I had would be pretty cool to be able to write out - but it might be more challenging than it is worth. So I'll keep it in mind but now I've got to think of other ideas. How do I write about a place that people would recognize without me saying exactly? I knew that the example Dr. Chandler posted on her blog was about the beach. I don't remember seeing the word in there, but knew it right away. It made me realize to  describe fully each detail, even if it's an obvious "give away". I have to stop trying to make it so complex! Maybe if I relaxed a little I would be able to be more inventive???

No comments:

Post a Comment